The death toll from Russia’s overnight strikes in the Odesa region has risen to 20, Ukraine’s emergency services have said.
At least 16 people were killed in a residential building, and four more, including one child, were killed in another strike at a recreation centre.
A third strike landed in a field, authorities said. A rescue operation is ongoing and 38 people were injured in the strikes.
Previous updates from Ukrainian authorities suggested two children had been killed.
“We don’t expect to find anyone alive, but there is a chance,” first deputy interior minister Yevhenii Yenin said earlier on Friday, speaking from the scene of the attacks.